- Getting Kids Outside with Social Distancing
- Child Mind Institute Supporting Families During COVID-19
- Talking to Children about COVID – A Parent resource from the National Association of School Psychologists and National Association of School Nurses
- Managing Anxiety and Stress from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty from the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
- Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety: A website of helpful tools, articles, meditations, access to mental health experts, anxiety screenings, and more
- The California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resource referrals for families during the current COVID-19 pandemic, 7-days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call or text 1-855-4APARENT (855-427-2736) for services in English, Spanish and other languages.
- Breathe2Relax — Stress reduction tool focused on breathing
- Take a Break — Meditations for stress relief
- Breethe — Meditation & sleep
- iChill — Guided wellness skills
- Insight Timer — Meditation
- Virtual Hope Box — Simple tools to help with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking
- MY3 – Support Network — Safety plan app
- Down Dog — yoga; free access until July 1st for all students and teachers K-12 and college; use your @petk12.org email to create a free account
During this time of sheltering in place, we know that tensions at home can increase. The National Domestic Violence Hotline and website are available if you’re feeling unsafe at home.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
The Dunham Union Elementary School District (DES) provides the information contained on this website. Although this site offers a range of information including websites maintained by outside organizations, it is not all inclusive. The contents of this site, including text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. The content contained in this site should not be considered or used as a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment. (DES) makes every effort to provide accurate data according to the resources available to us. While (DES) believes the information to be reliable, human errors remain a possibility. Therefore, (DES) does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. (DES) shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use or results obtained from the use of this information. (DES) has made a reasonable effort to ensure that all information is accurate at the time of release. We would appreciate any errors, omissions, outdated materials, or other identified problems being brought to our attention. No guarantee is made by (DES), either express or implied. (DES) offers a wide range of resources, including links to other organization. The information is intended as a service to (DES) site visitors and those interested in our website. (DES) has no control over the nature, content and availability of these outside sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Furthermore, with respect to the links to other organizations’ sites, neither (DES) nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe on privately owned content.