April 22 – 26, 2019
Musical Revue and Pasta Feed
A huge thank you goes out to our PTO Board and especially our Pasta Feed coordinators, Marie Valdez and Sara Brandenburg, for all your work putting on this amazing event! We couldn’t put on these special school-wide events without support, so we really appreciate all the parents and families who came out to help with this one!
Family Science Event
On Monday, April 22 from 1:00 – 2:30 we will be having a Family Science Event. The Charles Schultz Museum will be setting up booths that will be ran by our teachers. We want to extend an invitation to all of you to attend. During the event you will engage in various hands on science activities and observations with your child. We hope you can make it!
Santa Rosa Symphony
A few weeks ago we had the Santa Rosa Symphony come and perform at Dunham. It was a beautiful show, and the students really enjoyed it. At the time, the performers mentioned that kids can attend a free show. If you are interested in pursuing this, here is the information. The Youth Discovery Card forms are being sent home in Friday folders and are also linked here.
Many of you have asked about how your students can attend concerts at Weill Hall.
We have a program called the Youth Discovery Card which allows a child and one accompanying adult to attend the SRS Saturday afternoon Discovery Concerts as well as all the SRS Youth Ensemble concerts.
All they need to do is fill out the attached application and bring it to the box office at least ½ hour before the concert starts. When they hand in the application, they will be given two tickets but also the Discovery Card which they can use for admission at the rest of the concerts.
For the rest of this season, these are the dates the card can be used at:
Saturday, May 5 at 2:00 PM at Weill Hall – Santa Rosa Symphony
Saturday, May 11 at 3:00 PM at Weill Hall – Santa Rosa Symphony Youth Orchestra
Extra Spirit Day – Warriors Wear
In honor of the Golden State Warriors making it to the playoffs, our Student Council decided to add in an extra spirit day. Encourage your child to wear Warriors attire or gold or blue on Wednesday, April 24.
Haven’t gotten a chance to provide your feedback? Use this link by Tuesday, April 23 to give us your input. We would love to hear from you!
Next School Week at Dunham –
Monday, April 22
- 1:00 – 2:30 Family Science Event
Tuesday, April 23
- PE Day, remember to wear your tennis shoes!
- 2:30 – 3:15 Martial Arts Club
- 2:45 – 3:45 Site Council
- Kona Ice Fundraiser
Wednesday, April 24
- Extra Spirit Day – Golden State Warriors Wear
- 1:00 – 2:00 Piano Club
- 1:30 – 3:00 K – 3rd Drama
- 1:30 – 3:00 Girls on the Run
- 1:45 – 2:45 Special PTO Board Nominations Meeting
Thursday, April 25
- Garden Enrichment Classes (K, 4, 5, 6 grades)
- 2:45 – 3:30 Ukulele Club
Friday, April 26
- 6:30 – 7:30 Paint Nite at Sally Tomatoes
- Wednesday, May 1 – Spring Class Photos
- Thursday, May 2 – Spring Hat Parade
- Monday, May 6 – Friday, May 10 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May – Morning Assembly: Spotlight on TK and K
- Monday, May 6 – Friday, May 24 – CAASPP Testing Window, 3rd – 6th grade State Testing (exact dates TBD by teacher)
- Wednesday, May 8 – Spirit Day: Character Day
- Monday, May 13 – Westside Relays (5th and 6th Compete)
- Tuesday, May 14 – PTO Meeting and Board Meeting
- Wednesday, May 15 – Thursday, May 16 – 5th Grade at Angel Island
- Monday, May 20 – Friday, May 24 – BOGO Book Fair
- Wednesday, May 22 – Open House
- Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day – No School
- Tuesday, June 4 – Morning Assembly: Westside Relay Awards, PE Record Breakers, Million Words Read Recognition
- Wednesday, June 5 – 6th Grade Promotion
- Thursday, June 6 – Last Day of School, School Carnival
Friday Folder – Individual Files (Click to download)