About Dunham School District
Nestled in the rural dairy lands of North Petaluma, Dunham Elementary Charter School serves 200 students in grades TK-6. Our small size affords us the ability to know every family and child on a personal level: their likes, their learning styles, and their dreams. With only one class per grade level, our kids feel a real sense of family and stability as they grow up together.
Because Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten usually start the year with a waiting list, I always encourage parents to apply early. We conduct a lottery, and those who arrive early are typically able to secure a spot. If you are interested in another grade level, give us a call for information about availability.
Interested in learning more about our enrollment process? Email our office manager, Veronica at email@example.com Information for the 2016-2017 school year
It is our vision to create a school where each child is known, valued and supported to reach their full academic potential. Honesty, ethical behavior, integrity, cooperation, and responsibility are valued and modeled throughout the school community. The District will ensure that adequate resources are provided for services necessary to promote success for each student. Decision-making is based on a commitment to children - our school's number one priority. Students will master skills and knowledge based upon the California Standards and curriculum frameworks. They will develop the ability to work well with others as well as the ingenuity and creativity to be problem-solvers.
Our high achievement in standardized tests continue to draw the interest of families who are looking for the most comprehensive educational program for their elementary school age children.
California public schools annually provide information about themselves to the community allowing the public to evaluate and compare schools for student achievement, environment, resources and demographics.
Click the link below to view Dunham Charter School's SARC.
Why Dunham? A majority of our student body consists of students who live outside our district boundaries. Parents and students are attracted to Dunham School District for its:
- Caring, dedicated teaching staff (All of our teachers are 'highly qualified')
- Strong sense of community (Our dedicated PTO provides fundraising opportunities and hours of volunteer time to our school)
- Academic excellence and 'hands-on' learning
- Environmental awareness and stewardship - all of our students and teachers take part in the S.T.R.A.W. Program (Students and Teachers Restoring a Watershed) and work with farmers to restore valuable creek habitats
- P.E., Music, Drama, & Garden programs
- Outdoor Education Programs (week-long Yosemite, Walker Creek and Angel Island overnight trips in grades 5th & 6th)
- Outreach to the community - Through our Dunham TRIBES, students collect food for the Redwood Empire Food Bank, make placemats for the homebound, as well as provide supplies and cards to the troops during the holidays
At Dunham Elementary School we offer:
- Small Class Sizes Individual Attention
- TK -6th Grade
- Project and Tech-Based Learning
- One laptop per child
- Beautiful Country Setting
- Garden, Drama, P.E., and Music
- Affordable Aftercare
- Afterschool Clubs
- Small Group instruction for remedial and accelerated learning
- Strong community involvement
4111 Roblar Rd.
Petalum, CA 94952