December 4, 2020
Dear Dunham Families,
I hope you are doing well. The Dunham School District staff continues to work hard to bring our students a strong and supportive remote learning program. We know being away from onsite classes has been difficult for many. I applaud the hard work, sacrifice and commitment from our families and staff to make the best of a difficult situation. We looked forward to a day when we can have students back on campus. In the meantime, we are toiling overtime to develop and implement safety procedures to keep your children and our staff safe when we return.
You all can help us, too, by adopting the following healthy practices now, to ensure that when your children return to school, we all will be able to stay in school.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away from others if you must go out in public.
- Avoid group gatherings.
- As appropriate, wear a cloth face covering to cover your mouth and nose when around others and when you must go out in public.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue away after use. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
These are all helpful and important practices that will help school be safer once we are safely able to return to in-person instruction.
Winter Break is right around the corner. From December 21 through January 1 there will be no school. We will have a material pick-up and drop-off on December 9 and 16.
On November 19, a survey link was texted and emailed out to parents. It is a short four question survey. Many families have already completed the survey and we thank you for participating. If you have not yet had the chance to please do so, the information is very helpful with regards to planning.
The annual 5th and 6th grades See’s Candy fundraiser was a big success! Thank you so much for your continued support of our school and special thanks to Mrs. Wilde for organizing the effort. All orders must be received on the 12/2 drop-off and candy will be distributed at the 12/16 pickup.
Superintendent / Principal
On Tuesday, December 8, at 2:30, PTO will be holding their monthly meeting. Our PTO continues to work hard and looks for creative ideas for this school year. Anyone can be a part of PTO, join us on Tuesday via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 945 1266 7440
PTO – Popcorn Fundraiser
Hi Dunham Families, the October popcorn sale was such a big hit, with popular demand, we decided to try it again! We are doing a quick flash sale as there isn’t much time before Winter Break. There are a few flavor changes, but the process will be the same. Please have all orders to the office with payment OR email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Venmo (marienjoe08) by 12/9/20. The popcorn will be ready for the Wed December 16th materials drop-off / pick-up.
Please contact Marie @ email@example.com with any questions.
PTO – Birthday Marquee
PTO is ready to start the birthday marquee for the year! If you would like your child’s name up on the school marquee during their birthday week, please return the completed form and a $10 donation to the office. Contact Marie at Dunhamptotreasurer@gmail.com with any questions. Please see the attached flyer below.
PTO – Create and Donate Fundraiser – Update
Due to the extremely low numbers of orders, we have decided to cancel this event. We hope to offer it again in the spring. Hope to see you then. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you for understanding.
Click to view: Popcorn Order Form
Click to view: Birthday Marquee