December 11, 2020
Dear Dunham Families,
I hope you are all well and enjoying this badly needed rain. Winter Break is right around the corner. From December 21 through January 1, there will be no school. We will have one more materials pick-up / drop-off for 2020 on December 16. Our PTO will be out in full force from 1:00 – 3:00pm this Wednesday. They will be giving out special “do it yourself” gifts, extras will be for sale for $2 each (limited quantities available). Our PTO’s awesome Dunham vinyl decals will also be for sale for $3 each. If you are unable to make it during the designated time, please contact them at email@example.com and they can make arrangements with you.
Next week on Thursday we will be sharing out an update on our reopening plans so please be watching for that. Also next week on Wednesday is Superhero Spirit Day! We encourage all Dunham Dragons to show their school spirit and dress up. If a student would like to share their school spirit with classmates, parents can email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on the school’s Facebook page.
We have had a variety of fundraisers this school year so far. See’s Candy, Popcorn, Walk-A-Thon, the Book Fair and Dine and Donate among others. Thank you to the creative minds who have found ways to still conduct these fundraisers in whatever modified fashion was necessary. Also, a big thank you to all of the generous participants in these fundraisers. The proceeds from those fundraisers go to a variety of resources and activities for our students. Our weekly music class with Mr. Andrew is a direct result of the funds raised from these types of activities. Times are difficult for many right now and I am grateful for everyone’s generosity toward our students.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Superintendent / Principal
On Tuesday, December 15, at 6:30 (Open Session) we will be having our monthly regular board meeting. We invite you to join us via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 991 0303 3588
- When it comes time to make public comments, per the agenda, use the “Raise your hand” functionality. The attendees will be called upon, their microphone unmuted, and then allowed to make their statement for up to two minutes. At the end of the two minutes, the attendee’s microphone will be muted and the next participant will be called upon.
- Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers need to rename their Zoom profile to their real name (first and last) to be allowed into the meeting from the Zoom “lobby.”
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the two-minute speaker time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
PTO – Birthday Marquee
PTO is ready to start the birthday marquee for the year! If you would like your child’s name up on the school marquee during their birthday week, please return the completed form and a $10 donation to the office. Contact Marie at Dunhamptotreasurer@gmail.com with any questions. Please see the attached flyer below.
Click to view: Birthday Marquee