October 9, 2020
Dear Dunham Families,
Our new Wednesday location for materials pick-up and drop-off went well, thank you for your help in making it a success. We will be starting school-wide virtual spirit days soon with more information to come in next week’s Friday Folder.
There are several announcements this week, please see below.
Superintendent / Principal
PTO & Swirl Time
PTO will be having a Dine and Donate at Swirl Time Yogurt Bar on Tuesday, October 13, from 12:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. Come enjoy a yummy sweet treat and support Dunham School. Please bring the attached flyer with you (below). Swirl Time Yogurt Bar is located across the street from the SSU campus in Wolf Den Plaza.
PTO Information Popcorn Fundraiser
The 1st PTO fundraiser of the year is here! With the uncertainty of the 2020/2021 school year, we are trying out a few new fundraisers this year. The 1st one being a popcorn fundraiser with local business Golden Kettlecorn. 50% of the price will come back to us. The order form is attached below. Orders and money should be turned in to the school office by Wednesday, October 14th. Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Tuesday, October 13, at 2:45 PTO will be holding their monthly meeting. Our PTO continues to work hard and looks for creative ideas for this school year. Anyone can be a part of PTO, join us on Tuesday via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 945 1266 7440
On Tuesday, October 13, at 6:30 (Open Session) Dunham School District will be having our monthly regular board meeting. We invite you to join us via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 934 4740 0747
- When it comes time to make public comments, per the agenda, use the “Raise your hand” functionality. The attendees will be called upon, their microphone unmuted, and then allowed to make their statement for up to two minutes. At the end of the two minutes, the attendee’s microphone will be muted and the next participant will be called upon.
- Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers need to rename their Zoom profile to their real name (first and last) to be allowed into the meeting from the Zoom “lobby.”
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the two-minute speaker time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
During Dunham’s Anywhere Academy students are expected to participate in both
- Live Interaction (Zoom) portion of each class AND
- Completion of the class work for each class.
Beginning Monday, October 12, our school auto dialer system will begin making calls notifying parents of absences for that day. These calls will be based on attendance in the Zoom portion of each class. Parents will need to call the school office to clear any absence. If your student is absent due to technology or internet issues, please let the office know.
Materials Pick-up / Drop-off
With it getting darker sooner and as we head into fall and winter, we have some changes to our Wednesday materials pick-up / drop-off. It will continue to be on Wednesdays but the new time is from 1:00pm-6:00pm. Also, instead of the materials being out on the open curb they will be in the Community Room. To help support social distancing practices there will be one-way foot traffic through the Community Room. The entrance will be the double doors (below the bell) on the Roblar side and the exit will be the single door closest to the Office.
Everything else will be the same just like in the past. Tables and drop-off boxes will be marked by class. Please observe six feet of social distancing and avoid prolonged conversations while on campus. When exiting your vehicle please make sure you and anyone with you is wearing a mask (school age and up). Please park in a designated parking spot and don’t block the driving lane. Please know we miss you but our priority at pick-up and drop-off is to offer everyone a safe environment.
Last month the Application for Free and Reduced-Prices Meals was sent home. These completed forms help the District secure additional funding. Returning the form does not obligate you to take a school lunch. We are asking everyone to turn in this form by the end of this month, thank you in advance. I have attached the form in case you need a new one. Please return the forms that were sent home to be filled out. The sooner we can get those back the better. We appreciate your help with this.
Click to view: PTO / Swirl Time Dine and Donate
Click to view: PTO / Popcorn Fundraiser
Click to view: Application for Free and Reduced-Prices Meals