September 4, 2020
Dear Dunham Families,
The second week of school has already come to an end. We are off to a fantastic start. I have been able to visit some Zoom classes and see the kids, which really makes my day. It was wonderful to see so many of you at our Back to School Nights this week. The teachers did a tremendous job of preparing for those and providing helpful information. School supply donations continue to be dropped off, we thank you very much for your generosity towards the school. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.
Please see below for events happening next week.
Superintendent / Principal
There is no school on Monday in observance of Labor Day
Earlier this week, the USDA issued a waiver allowing for schools to once again serve any child under the age of 18, at no cost until December 31, 2020. Lunches will be served at the following locations:
Lawrence Jones Middle School, 5154 Snyder Lane, R.P.
Technology Middle School, 7165 Burton Avenue, R.P.
Rancho Cotati High, 5450 Snyder Lane, R.P.
This will take place every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (on school days) from 11:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. The meal disbursement program will be solely for picking up meals. Meals can not be consumed on site. Families may walk up to pick up meals or stay in the car and have them brought to you. Children do not need to be present. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19. (Flyer attached below)
On Tuesday, September 8, at 2:45 PTO will be holding their monthly meeting. Our PTO continues to work hard and looks for creative ideas for this school year. Anyone can be a part of PTO, join us on Tuesday via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 764 7340 8539
PTO will also be having a Dine and Donate at Toppings Frozen Yogurt & Smoothie Bar on Wednesdays, September 16, from 12:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. This is the First Dine and Donate of the year!! Come enjoy a yummy sweet treat and support Dunham School. Let’s kick off this year with something sweet. Toppings Frozen Yogurt & Smoothie Bar is located at 969 Golf Course Drive in Rohnert Park.
On Tuesday, September 8, at 6:30 (Open Session) we will be having our monthly regular board meeting. We invite you to join us via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 938 4758 8680
- When it comes time to make public comments, per the agenda, use the “Raise your hand” functionality. The attendees will be called upon, their microphone unmuted, and then allowed to make their statement for up to two minutes. At the end of the two minutes, the attendee’s microphone will be muted and the next participant will be called upon.
- Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers need to rename their Zoom profile to their real name (first and last) to be allowed into the meeting from the Zoom “lobby.”
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the two-minute speaker time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
Materials Pick-up / Drop-off
On Wednesday, September 9, will be our next weekly materials pick-up and drop-off. This will take place every Wednesday from 2:00-7:00 PM. Tables with the materials will be located in the larger part of the parking lot. Tables and drop-off boxes will be marked by class. When exiting your vehicle please make sure you and anyone with you is wearing a mask (school age and up). Please park in a designated parking spot and don’t block the driving lane.
Please return the forms that were sent home to be filled out. The sooner we can get those back the better. We appreciate your help with this.
Click here to view: School Lunch Flyer / Update