September 25, 2020
Dear Dunham Families,
Another week has passed and I continue to be impressed with the great job staff, students and parents are doing. You all are amazing and have really risen to the challenges laid before us. Information about spirit days will be coming out soon so watch for that. The Walk-a-Thon T-Shirt contest is still going. I have seen many great and creative entries so far (more information below) and hope to see many more.
A few weeks ago the Application for Free and Reduced-Prices Meals was sent home. These completed forms help the District secure additional funding. Returning the form does not obligate you to take a school lunch. We are asking everyone to turn in this form by the end of this month, thank you in advance. I have attached the form in case you need a new one.
I know it is different this year with distance learning, though I’d like to emphasize that this is school for the time being. Attendance, doing the assignments and returning assignments is very important and should be looked at with the same importance as when students attend school on campus.
Please see below for more announcements.
Superintendent / Principal
PTO / Dunham Walk-a-Thon T-Shirt Drawing Contest
Attached below is everything you need to know about the 2020 Dunham Virtual Walk-a-Thon T-Shirt Drawing Contest! Looks like a lot of fun – good luck!
Check out the flier below to learn how to stay connected with PTO and events throughout the year. Also see how you can help the program raise money at no cost to you, by doing things you already do!
Special Board Meeting
On Monday, September 28, at 7:00p.m. (Open Session) there will be a Special Board Meeting. The School Board will consider the approval of the District’s Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. This is the same plan that was shared at the September 8th Regular Board meeting for public input (copies of the plans are linked below). We invite you to join us via Zoom!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 991 7400 9766
- When it comes time to make public comments, per the agenda, use the “Raise your hand” functionality. The attendees will be called upon, their microphone unmuted, and then allowed to make their statement for up to two minutes. At the end of the two minutes, the attendee’s microphone will be muted and the next participant will be called upon.
- Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers need to rename their Zoom profile to their real name (first and last) to be allowed into the meeting from the Zoom “lobby.”
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the two-minute speaker time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted
Materials Pick-up / Drop-off
On Wednesday, September 30, will be our next weekly materials pick-up and drop-off. This takes place every Wednesday from 2:00-7:00 PM. Tables with the materials will be located in the larger part of the parking lot. Tables and drop-off boxes will be marked by class. When exiting your vehicle please make sure you and anyone with you is wearing a mask (school age and up). Please park in a designated parking spot and don’t block the driving lane.
Please return the forms that were sent home to be filled out. The sooner we can get those back the better. We appreciate your help with this.
Click to view: Application for Free and Reduced-Prices Meals
Click to view: PTO / Walk-a-Thon T-Shirt Drawing Contest
Click to view: PTO Information
Click to view: Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan – Dunham Charter