July 19, 2020
Important Distance Learning Technology Survey:
We need all families to take it please
Dear Dunham Families
This last Friday, Governor Newsom unveiled details about the revised guidance for opening schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidelines require a county to meet specific criteria in order for schools to open for in-person instruction. If the county does not meet the criteria, school districts must provide rigorous instruction through distance learning. Sonoma County currently does not meet the criteria to open its schools to on campus instruction. We have spent a lot of time planning so that we could provide options for parents that included on campus instruction through a hybrid model as well as distance learning for those who prefer for students to stay home during this time. More information about our distance learning model will be provided in the weeks to come.
On Tuesday, July 21 at 6:00pm, there will be a Special Board Meeting. At this meeting, I will be presenting to the Board a proposed hybrid model schedule for when students are able to return safely to campus. In addition, I will be sharing the new guidelines for distance learning that Dunham will be implementing to insure greater student support and success.
Here is the Zoom information for the Special Board Meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 989 1137 0536
- When it comes time to make public comments, per the agenda, use the “Raise your hand” functionality. The attendees will be called upon, their microphone unmuted, and then allowed to make their statement for up to two minutes. At the end of the two minutes, the attendee’s microphone will be muted and the next participant will be called upon.
- Speakers must be present in the Zoom meeting when their name is called in order to be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- Speakers need to rename their Zoom profile to their real name (first and last) to be allowed into the meeting from the Zoom “lobby.”
- Speakers are requested to state their name prior to addressing the Board.
- After a speaker completes their public comment or if the two-minute speaker time limit has been reached, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
Please take a few minutes to fill out our brief distance learning technology survey (link at the top of the page), the information provides us with important details for distance learning planning. We are committed to serving our students and the community to the highest degree under any model of instructional delivery provided during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, stay well and stay safe.
Superintendent / Principal, Dunham School District