May 13 – 17, 2019
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you so much for all the love you showed the teachers and staff this week! It was amazing and definitely left everyone feeling very grateful for our phenomenal school community!
Open House is coming up on Wednesday, May 22. This is a great opportunity for you to tour your child’s classroom and see his/her next year’s class as well. Our awesome PTO will be hosting a hot dog dinner that is starting at 5:30. It is free of charge, but donations are accepted.
Also, featured that night, we will have our 6th Grade Wax Museum, the ukulele club and any students interested will perform at 6:50. Our “BOGO” (buy one, get one free) Book Fair will be in the Community Room–come stock up on summer reading for your child.
K – 3rd Grade Drama Performance
Our K – 3rd grade drama students have been working hard on the upcoming Crystal Cave performance on Friday, May 17 at 5 P.M.. While space is limited, we encourage you all to come and watch the great show!
The tool our students will be focusing on for the next couple of weeks is the courage tool. During this time, we will focus on recognizing that it takes courage to do the “right” thing.
Growth Mindset Focus
Our growth mindset focus is “I am brave enough to try.” Taking risks and challenging yourself is an important part of the learning process.
Annual state testing will be taking place this week for our 3rd – 6th grade students. As always, we encourage our students to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast so they can show what they know.
19 – 20 School Year
Please keep the office informed about your plans for next year. If you have moved, we will need to update your address in our system. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our school office.
Lost and Found
We have quite a collection of lost and found items–please check the coat rack and red lost and found bin for any missing items.
Next School Week at Dunham
Monday, May 13
- 5th and 6th Participate in Westside Relays at Petaluma High School
Tuesday, May 14
- PE Day, remember to wear your tennis shoes!
- 2:30 – 3:15 Martial Arts Club
- 2:45 – 3:45 Microscopy Club
- 2:45 – 3:45 PTO Meeting
- 6:00 – 9:00 Board Meeting
Wednesday, May 15
- 5th Grade Overnight at Angel Island
- 1:00 – 2:00 Piano Club
- 1:30 – 3:00 K – 3rd Drama
Thursday, May 16
- Garden Enrichment Classes (K, 4, 5, 6 grades)
- 2:45 – 3:30 Ukulele Club
Friday, May 17
- Garden Enrichment Classes (TK, 1, 2, 3 grades)
- 5:00 PM – K-3rd Drama Performance
- Monday, May 20 – Friday, May 24 – BOGO Book Fair
- Wednesday, May 22 – Open House
- Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day – No School
- Tuesday, June 4 – Morning Assembly: Westside Relay Awards, PE Record Breakers, Million Words Read Recognition
- Wednesday, June 5 – 6th Grade Promotion
- Thursday, June 6 – Last Day of School, School Carnival
Friday Folder – Individual Files (Click to download)