August 27 – 31, 2018
Thank you for a wonderful first week! We are so happy to have you all be part of our Dunham community!
Meet our new staff members
We have a few new faces joining the Dunham staff this year. Please welcome the following new members of our team.
- Ms. Jessica Genthe – 2nd Grade Instructional Assistant
- Ms. Alice Whitt – Learning Center Teacher
- Ms. Natalie Hiller – Garden Teacher
- Ms. Teri Porter – Daycare Director
Also, soon to be joining us is Ms. Aida Ortiz. Aida will be taking over for Ms. Laurie Moss as our new Assistant Business Manager. She has over 20 years of experience working in school settings around Sonoma County and will be a tremendous asset to our office team. Her first day will be on Tuesday, September 4.
Monday Morning Assembly
Our first Monday morning assembly will be on August 27 from 8 – 8:30 A.M. in the Community Room. Our assembly times are great opportunities to hear about upcoming Dunham events. They are also used to recognize student achievements and spotlight various classroom activities. This month we are going to welcome students back and share information about our annual Walk-A-Thon. All parents are welcome to attend.
Back to School Night
Back to School Night will be Wednesday, August 29 from 6 – 7 P.M. (please see the schedule below). This parent event is a great way to meet your child’s teacher and also learn about the classroom routines. If other childcare arrangements cannot be made, Daycare will be open. We hope to see you there!
Dress Code Clarification
In order to maximize student safety, please be sure to send your child to school in close toed shoes that are secure at the heel. On PE days; Tuesdays, Fridays, and the 1st and 3rd Wednesday, students should wear or bring tennis shoes to change into.
Next Week at Dunham
Monday, August 27
- 8:00 – 8:30 Morning Assembly – Welcome Back and Walk-A-Thon
Tuesday, August 28
- 1st PE Day, remember to wear your tennis shoes!
Wednesday, August 29
- Back to School Night
- 6 – 6:25 3rd – 6th Grade Class Presentations
- 6:25 – 6:35 Whole School Introductions in the Quad
- 6:35 – 7:00 TK – 2nd Grade Class Presentations
Thursday, August 30
Friday, August 31
- PE Day, remember to wear your tennis shoes!
Friday Folder – Individual Files (Click to download)